Hearing aids can be easily damaged and worn out over time, requiring repair or even replacement. How do you know when you should choose same-day hearing aid repair in Hagerstown, Maryland instead of a replacement? Keep reading to find out!
What Are Some Signs It’s Time to Replace Your Hearing Aids?
Hearing aids are essential devices for people who struggle with hearing loss. However, they have a finite lifespan of about three to seven years, though they can last longer. Knowing when it’s time to replace your devices is key for making sure your hearing needs are met.
Examples of when it’s time to replace your hearing aids include:
- The technology is outdated and lacks modern functions like noise reduction or Bluetooth connectivity.
- There is a decline in performance, such as reduced sound clarity, distortion, or inconsistent volume levels.
- There is physical damage that cannot be repaired.
- You find your devices need frequent repairs to keep them functional.
- Your hearing aids no longer fit your needs.
What Are Signs That You Need Same-Day Hearing Aid Repair in Hagerstown, Maryland?
While hearing aids don’t last forever, replacement isn’t always necessary, plus it can be pretty costly. Before you buy new devices, consider these reasons for why you may just need repairs instead:
- Battery problems, which can be repaired the same day as your visit to your audiologist
- Feedback, screeching or whistling noises, usually due to issues with microphone or speaker components
- Intermittent or inconsistent functioning, indicating loose wiring or connectivity problems
- Sudden loss of sound or a drop in volume, likely caused by earwax buildup or a blocked microphone
Choose Potomac Audiology for All of Your Hearing Health Needs!
From general hearing aid maintenance and repairs to helping you find a new pair, our team at Potomac Audiology is here to assist you every step of the way!
Reach us at 240-599-3641 to book an appointment at our Frederick or Rockville office, and learn more about same-day hearing aid repair in Hagerstown, Maryland!